Monday, March 12, 2012
For the hyena, I smoothed out some of his edges, added a few more curves, and made the eye a little concave to make him a little angrier. I also stretched out my design a little bit as I thought his original proportions made him a little blocky and static. I didn't want him to fight too much with the title, as I thought he was in my old logo, so I made him just a smidge brighter than the background so that he took a little more of a backseat in the logo.
I thought spelling out my full title was just an insane waste of characters and loved the way how these five letters just rolled off the tongue. It still says just as much, but has a much nicer ring to it. I wanted to keep the same color scheme, but made the background black instead of white or light gray to add to the sleek, menacing look I was going for with the hyena (and also--to be quite honest--I thought the title and dark hyena would just look way cooler on black). Overall, I like how it turned out and will now begin revamping my personal website and this blog as well to match the new look. Stay tuned for updates!