Monday, June 16, 2014

2014 UTC Football Poster

For the fourth year in a row, I've had the pleasure of creating the schedule poster for UTC football. This project was just finished up this week, and I am definitely pleased with the result.

One of things I enjoyed about this project was challenging myself to get away from the dark blue backgrounds that have dominated my designs on this for the past few years. I wanted to do a 180 and try a lighter background, and it definitely worked to help the mini-collage show forth in the background more than a dark background would have.

The trophy in the middle was a last minute addition, but one that I think I was able to work in pretty well and not take away from the overall look of the design. As with all schedule posters, at least in my opinion, I want the focus to be on the players first and the schedule second. I think this poster accomplishes that, and it was a blast to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment