Sunday, January 20, 2013

Every Season is Football Season

Just because it's the off-season, doesn't mean that football isn't in full gear, especially for college teams as they gear up for National Signing Day in a couple weeks. I recently finished this piece for the Memphis Tigers to let high school coaches know of their busy off-season schedule. I am particularly happy with how the player on the left turned out in the muted color palette. I really love using a semi-monochromatic feel with my football pieces, as I think the echo the "down in the trenches" mantra. I also think there is a nice balance between left and right on the page, with the title slightly off center so as to not ground your eye in one spot. Be on the lookout for more off-season football items as winter turns to spring and the Tigers gear up for spring practice and their summer camps!

No comments:

Post a Comment