Friday, November 19, 2010

Chattanooga Mocs Billboard Design 1

This was my first concept for a billboard (yep, a billboard) for the UT-Chattanooga 2010-11 basketball season. I really enjoyed designing this one and hope to get around to my 2nd concept too. For this one I used the image of the crowd in the background as a directional lead for the eye to land on the tagline "Tradition Lives Here."

One of the challenges posed with designing for their basketball program is that both the men's and women's teams need to be portrayed on the same billboard. However, Ryan, the marketing director at UTC, was very pleased with this design. His critique of it was also very thorough which I appreciated. We started with this billboard design as a test project to see how my remote internship next semester would work. We are still working out the kinks, but doing this project and getting such positive feedback has me very excited about my internship in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment